The mission of the National Society of Black Sports Professionals North Texas is to CONNECT, EMPOWER and ADVANCE Black sports professionals representing all aspects of the sports industry and sports-related fields in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Founded on December 6, 2018, and publicly launched as an organization in January 2020, BSP North Texas strives to provide professional development and networking opportunities, foster meaningful connections and be a leader and influencer in the world of sports.
The four pillars of BSPNTX are:
1. Career Awareness
2. Professional Development
3. Career Advancement
4. Community Service and Scholarship
With these pillars as our foundation, the goals for BSPNTX for the year are:
• Grow our active membership to 200+ members.
• Reach 2,000 students and organizations serving speakers, panelists and mentors.
• Cultivate its connections with leaders who sit at the C-suite level at North Texas-area sports organizations, franchises and athletics departments.
• Continue to provide one program/event per month and expand on the chapter's engagement and networking opportunities exclusively for active members.
• Continue to expand the chapter's scholarships program and sponsorship initiative to positively impact North Texas sports professionals and the next generation of leaders in the sports industry.
#BSPNTX is excited for 2023! We hope you help us reach and exceed our goals in the year ahead.